Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Contracts for Assistants

My daughter is regitering as an assistant, however so she can get funding for her childcare course, she needs a contract. Does anybody have a suitable employment contract I take a look at to get an idea of where to start.

Thank you in advance.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    MET
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Contracts for Assistants

Just bumping really, does anybody have any pointers then, Please.
    Charlotte
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm not certain how it works for family, but I imagine it's the same for all employees.

She will need a contract, employee handbook and writing into your policies and procedures.

I'd speak to someone who knows more about employee law or someone who employs assistants / other childminders.

I am sure they will know more to save you making a mistake.

Nov 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You will need to include the type of contract eg temporary, part-time full-time or casual.
    Also the normal hours of work, hourly rate of pay and whether this rate will change if agreed overtime is worked, when and how payment will be made, holiday entitlement and whether or not there is any stipylation on when holidays muct be taken ie at the same time as you take yours?, whether or not sickness is paid, whether or not snacks and meals will be provided by you, whether or not your assistant may be stood down at short notice with no pay if work is unexpectedly not available due to your sickness or any other reason, how much notice from either side may be required to end the contract.
    Also all employees must be given a grievance and disciplinary policy, the goverment health and safety booklet if you don't display the poster, and I also give mine a copy of Ofsted's Whistle blowing policy, a basic job description and a check list of items to be covered at induction.
    Hope this helps,
    Do contact me of you would like an emailed copy.

Jul 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Scamp

I would be grateful if your would email me a copy of it. I have just registered an assistant and cant find the information anywhere!!!

Many Thanks

OCT 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by scamp View Post
    You will need to include the type of contract eg temporary, part-time full-time or casual.
    Also the normal hours of work, hourly rate of pay and whether this rate will change if agreed overtime is worked, when and how payment will be made, holiday entitlement and whether or not there is any stipylation on when holidays muct be taken ie at the same time as you take yours?, whether or not sickness is paid, whether or not snacks and meals will be provided by you, whether or not your assistant may be stood down at short notice with no pay if work is unexpectedly not available due to your sickness or any other reason, how much notice from either side may be required to end the contract.
    Also all employees must be given a grievance and disciplinary policy, the goverment health and safety booklet if you don't display the poster, and I also give mine a copy of Ofsted's Whistle blowing policy, a basic job description and a check list of items to be covered at induction.
    Hope this helps,
    Do contact me of you would like an emailed copy.
    Blooming hell!!! I haven't done even half of that!!! Oh God.
    More work ahead I think....thanks though.