Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ad Hoc Assisitant

Hi There

Just lately my phone has been ringing of the hook with enquireis so I have decided to employ an adhoc assistant, I will not need her every day as my busy times are generally after school a few nights per week during term time.

I am just going through the process of getting CRB First Aid sorted etc. I am certainly not intending on doubling my numbers in the long term. I have discussed with her that as she has another job then I will take her on as self employed so she will be responsible for her own tax NI etc.

Does anyone know if I need to advise the planning office for this as I am only going to need her for a max 6 hours per week over 2-3 days. I also have another lady who has offered herself as an assistant on the days she is not working with her childminder if and when my assistant is sick or on holiday so it will not interfere with my minding duties.

It is a mindfield as I feel like I am teetering on the border between needing planning and not. What do you think???
    Registered since Aug 09 Ofsted Inspected Satisfactory Feb 10

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As far as i know you will only need planning if you go over 6 children at a time. It does vary depending on where you live.

I'd give them a ring (anonymously) and check if you are worried