Assistant Questions
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistant Questions

Can anyone help/advise?

I always assumed when people registered their partner as their assistant that they actively worked together all the time.

My partner has his own full time job but works at home a fair bit or can be at home not working a lot too. So my questions is can I register him as an assistant even though he's in other full time employment? What does he need to pass/do?

I would want him to watch the odd mindee when I popped out for under 30 mins to do school/nursery collections only, I dont need him to do anymore than that. Or if I say I had a sleeping baby I may want him to be at home whilst they slept. Is any of this allowed?

Thank you :-)

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, lots of us register our partner/family member and they have their own full time jobs, I did it when I registered just in case it would be useful, never needed to use him as assistant but he is still registered, never paid him of course.
    Ofsted Online EY2 I think, the same full pediatric first aid as we all do if he is going to be left alone with the mindees, and follow the EYFS Section 3 3.43 which tells you about limits to leaving mindees with assistant, inform parents too, and keep him updated on safeguarding.

Registered Childminder since
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like Moggy my husband is also registered. All parents signed permission slips to say he could help with the school run, look after their child whilst I done the school run etc. He has a full time job and would be able to help on the days he was working from home if I ever needed him. I didn't pay him.