Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistant question!?

Hello :-)
    I currently work with an assistant and co minder on different days.

My assistant has been with me 6 months and the childminder over a year. The thing is the minder is now thinking she'd like to be my assistant full time ( we have discussed this several times over the last year however at the time she decided she liked how things are so I found another assistant).

In an ideal work I'd like to work with her full time however have no idea how to approach this with my assistant!? Both work for me ad hoc on a self employed basis. The pros are that she is experienced and well qualified/trained and we work great together. I can't help but feel loyal to my assistant who is very enthusiastic ( although slightly unreliable) and untrained/qualified.

Really don't know what to do for the best! Should I continue as we are ( think mindee may give up if I don't take her on as doesn't want to work from her house any more)
    Can anyone offer any advise or knock some sense into me!!??

Thanks in advance X

Sept 12
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that whilst it's admirable you are being so considerate to your assistant, you need to put your business hat on and work out what's best for you, the children and your business.

pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your reply. I am finding it so difficult! I have no idea how to tell/approach my assistant? Don't want to cause upset or bad feeling and feel bad as she's paid out for her first aid /safeguarding ( a couple months ago)

In ideal situation would like her to continue on ad hoc basis/ sickness cover etc not sure that would go down too well though!

Has anyone been in a situation similar? X