Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Assistant - Risk Assessment

Good evening all,

I have an assistant starting - the only thing still waiting for is the suitability letter from Ofsted. I understand I need to do a risk assessment before she can start. Confused as what is actually required with this. I know she cannot be left alone without the letter. Any one done one of these and can point in the direction of what to consider/include?

To start I have thought of the following: Safeguarding - never left alone, no nappy changing, no toilet training, always with me.

Many thanks in advance.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd also RA...
    What if assistant is sick, or has to leave unexpectedly during the day for some reason, or does not turn up- how will you keep all children safe and maintain ratios?
    Assistant's mobile phone or other devices- allowed or not etc?
    I think you also need to RA risks to the assistant- so lifting/manual-handling knowledge and any training needed (you don't want her/him pulling her/his back etc.)
    Assistant's knowledge of your setting- will they be using your cooker, heaters etc- anything they need to know?
    Knowledge of your fire drill proceedure- about keys and locks on windows and doors etc
    I guess a lot comes down to your assistant reading and understanding your overall RAs.

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Moggy for your reply.