Advice: Employing an Assistant/Co-chilmdinder
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 012
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice: Employing an Assistant/Co-chilmdinder

Hi I have been registered for 3 years but things have not gone smoothly! I took a year out and now work in a petrol station as well as a childminder. I am really struggling filling my places and it is with this in mind that I would like to employ an assistant preferably female as I think being male having a female around might put some parents minds at rest! I have no children on my books so ideally they could help to get my business off the ground working on a voluntary basis and then once things pick up pay a wage?

What things do I need to consider?
    Have you got any advice for me?
    Should I employ an assistant or get them to registers as a co-CM

Post Thanks / Like

I would say tread carefully, an assistant would seriously affect your income especially when just building up your numbers again. I would say have faith in your own abilities and get marketing. The fact you are male is actually a really great USP as childcare is dominated by women. I actually wish their were more males working with LO's, when my daughter was in a school nursery and a male student teacher came to work with them she loved it! So I would say get yourself out there and promote your unique business and I'm sure you'll get clients without going down the assistant route - good luck :-)