Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default staff_disqualification_declaration

Hello I wondered if you can help me.
    Iam a registered Childminder with an Asssitant who has been working alongside me for the last 2 years with dbs and the appropriate certificates. She is a good worker with a good reputation, worked in a preschool and children centre.
    It is my understanding I have to get her to fill out a form concerning staff_disqualification_declaration. What happens if her partner had been cautioned in the past for fighting? Can she still work for me or not?

Many Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 06
    Post Thanks / Like

My understanding of "suitable persons" are those who come into contact with mindees. So only relevant if he lives at your setting or visits regularly.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would have assumed the same as the post above ... But I'm not sure ... I've been looking but can't find the thread posted, I think by sarah707, about people who were disqualified from working from children because of something someone else has done ... (I remember a girl couldn't childmind because her mum had been disqualified from childminding because she hadn't paid her fee)

4. Likes Ripeberry liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

If there is any concern about someone who lives with someone who works with children then you must inform Ofsted and ask for their view.

If the assistant needs a waiver they will have to stop working until it's sorted out.

You will find more information here x

Childminders and staff suitability -