Travelling in Assistant's Car
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Travelling in Assistant's Car

I would like my children to be able to travel in my Assistant's car - are there any issues with this and what do I need to put in place? I'm thinking I need business cover on my Assistant's insurance and written permission from parents. Any advice gratefully received!

Dec 87
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I'm aware that's all you need - correct insurance and parent's permission (and obviously correct car seats).

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the Assistant will need pedeatric first aid too as she will be alone with the children?

May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! She has Pediatric First Aid

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

A quick question on ratios and assistants and cars!

I have a space coming up on a Friday due to a child cutting down days to go to Nursery, so I have booked in another child to start next Friday - however an existing mindees mum has just got a job promotion and has asked for a Friday also starting next Friday. My daughter is registered as my assistant (really only for emergencies) so she could help me with the 4 children (it's only for 4 weeks as another child is moving away then I will be back down to 3) my daughter hasn't got business insurance on her car insurance and I don't want to be stuck in for 4 Fridays.

Am I allowed to take 4 children in my car and my daughter drive her own car places as I haven't got a 7 seater and can't fit in 4 children and 2 adults?