A parent wants to become my assistant
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default A parent wants to become my assistant

    I have a parent from the school who's done her first aid pediatric and safeguarding but hasn't done her dbs She said that the dole is paying for it . So I'm hoping that its won't take too long!! I know I can apply for the EY2 online I hope thats correct does it make it quicker for a reply from Ofsted. I just wondered if anyone has done this? Also she want to be my assistant for a while to get experience and see if she wants to go alone or not! would it be better for me to have her as a assistant or a co minder ( i only need her part time) and pay her a minimum wage which is best way to do this?? TIA

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries


    you can't apply for EY2 until the DBS has come back and the update service is signed up for...

    Then the applicant needs a Govt Gateway log in to start the EY2 process.

    An assistant can start (with insurance) before all the paperwork has gone through but they cannot be left unsupervised with children until Ofsted have sent a suitability letter



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
A parent wants to become my assistant A parent wants to become my assistant A parent wants to become my assistant

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of Childcare.co.uk