Thread: contracts

Registered Childminder since
    feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default contracts

Good afternoon

I am currently taking an assistant on. She is wanting to have a contract. Any suggestions?

Thanks

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

when I had an assistant I created a contract that listed the usual name/address/contact details/drs/emergency contact etc, plus days/hours of work/'salary' and agreement for payment ( although mine was self employed and just invoiced me each month for hours worked ( she did all sorts of things such as homecare for the elderly, a bit of cleaning etc! ) I stated on the contract that she was self employed and would issue an invoice and that she was liable for her own tax & NI ( plus she only did a few hours for me )

I listed her duties /job description ( including being peadiatric first aid trained and safeguarding both of which she already had )
    I had a paragraph about confidentiality, ( and now I would add mobile phone use/photos/social media ) plus complaints and notice requirements.

I asked her to read ( and keep a copy ) of my policies and proceedures and signed to say she had read them.

I wrote a date for a review/assessment of how things were going.

then we both signed and dated it.

I think that was it. maybe ask your assistant what she would like in the contract.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacey sell them, if you want to go with Pacey. Can't link to it, but search their website. They describe them as:

Childminding Assistant Contracts
    Price: £8.50 (including VAT)

Price
    Members £8.50
    Non members £14.99

A contract to support the employment of a Childminding Assistant by Childminders.

This comprehensive childminding assistant contract contains eight self-copying pages, essential for recording an agreement between childminders and childminding assistants.The self-copying pages provide a copy each for the childminder and the childminding assistant and each pack contains two contracts. Written in plain English to ensure all parties understand what they are signing up to. The contract also includes a template contractual variation agreement and a disciplinary policy and procedure.

A job description template for childminding assistants is available in MyPACEY.