Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How long to register an assistant?

I have had so many enquiries recently so have decided to start an assistant. But my new full timer will now need to start in early September!!
    Scary as I now need an assistant to start in two weeks!!!
    Can I complete the EY2 form and let someone start? I would apply for DBS and book them on first aid and safeguarding and not leave them alone with children until they had all been done.
    Would that be ok? The only school run would be for my own daughter and she's quite happy to go to after school club with her friends for a few weeks.
    X

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes that is fine - start the assistant totally supervised. To give you an idea... My assistant completed her ey2 and DBS forms end of June. She had her DBS back about 10 days ago and still not had the letter of suitability through. She starts with me on 8th sept so if it's still not through she will work totally supervised until the letter comes through. Ofsted told me they start to chase social services checks after 6 weeks and they chase it once every other week. Hoping it will be sorted but maybe not so at I guess id say it takes 8-12 weeks?

Mar 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks , I'm hoping that the person who will be starting is my moms friends daughter who I have known for the last 12 years.
    So although I will never leave her on her own, it makes it easier as I know her really well.
    I have always thought I wouldn't use an assistant but it seems silly not to when I'm having so many enquiries.
    I'm just worried about the Paye and ni etc
    And extra paperwork ! X

July 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I know what you mean! Fingers crossed it will be worth it