Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Oct 14
    Non childminder member
    Oct 2014
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Help! Confused Re Husband Assistant

Hi,

I'm really getting confused about what my DH needs to do in order to be my assistant.

So far, he's submitted his DBS application. He's also about to do his paediatric first aid course. I've booked him on to a Safeguarding course for September.

I know I have to fill in something on EY2 but when I go to the page online, I'm not sure which one I have to register him under. Also, do I register him now or wait until his DBS has come back?

Do I need to get him to do any other courses?

Sorry for all the questions but don't want to miss anything out and then be told he can't be my assistant!
    Thanks

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Are you intending for him to have the children in his care for short periods (up to two hours in any one day) without you in attendance? Then he will need first aid
    Also I'm sure as his employer you need to keep him uptodate date on safeguarding (personally I would get him on an online course)
    I didn't know there were different ey2 forms, hopefully some one more in the know will be along in a minute

Oct 14
    Non childminder member
    Oct 2014
    Post Thanks / Like

I've enquired about the Pacey Safeguarding course but my local authority can't tell me if it's recognised by them (the plot thickens!).

So, onto the EY2 page on the Ofsted website. Here's the link

The options are:

Childminder (which he isn't, yet)
    Home Childcarer
    Childcare on domestic premises
    Childcare on non-domestic premises.

It's probably just staring me in the face but at the mo, I just can't see it.

Thanks.

July 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Same trouble

I am also having the same difficulties trying to find the EY2 form for my husband.

Is it the health declaration?

Help please

Thanks

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There are descriptions on there as well - I would go with Childminder but when you click on it you need his DBS. Maybe call Ofsted tomorrow and ask
    Debbie

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry can't remember what I ticked for my daughter - probably childcare on domestic premises because she wasn't going to be the childminder only the assistant.

Do you have to get another DBS for your husband, because my daughter had one when she turned 16 I didn't have to get another one as for some reason they gave her an enhanced one?

I didn't think Assistants had to do a full Safeguarding course - my daughter just did a basic awareness on-line one but she did do the First Aid as to be able to leave her alone with the children was the only reason I registered her.