Anyone doing a joint childminding partnership?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone doing a joint childminding partnership?

Hi, I'm starting up with my mum as joint childminders with a 50/50 split just wondering if anyone else is doing this?

Jen x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen2014 View Post
    Hi, I'm starting up with my mum as joint childminders with a 50/50 split just wondering if anyone else is doing this? Jen x
    Hi I co work along side another childminder at her home but were two separate children... Since we can have 6 under 8 in her home we have 3 each a day.. Its great as two heads are always better than one and it's great to have some adult conversation through the day! Talking in that daft baby face all day would send me loopy!! Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    Hi I co work along side another childminder at her home but were two separate children... Since we can have 6 under 8 in her home we have 3 each a day.. Its great as two heads are always better than one and it's great to have some adult conversation through the day! Talking in that daft baby face all day would send me loopy!! Haha
    * two separate businesses!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blueeyedminder View Post
    Thank you for your reply

Post Thanks / Like

We've been working together for over 3 yrs now and we get along great despite a huge age gap (22 and 58) ... We tend to make decisions together (new policies, new clients etc) but make separate decisions when it comes to 'our mindee's' it works really well believe it or not!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Before you say 50/50 make sure you have taken out all your costs. If you are going down this route register as a partnership with the HMRC and then split the profit 50/50 and do your individual returns
    Debbie

Decembe
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

What costs and how do you work them out please ?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Rent/Mortgage Interest/lighting/water/gas etc.. toys/paperwork/lj's everything you normally do.
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

We went to a childminding meeting last night where we were told myself and my mum would need to register as separate businesses would need need separate grading and separate ofsted inspections.
    We will be jointly running the business at my house with a 50/50 split of profits etc.
    can anyone advise on this please? We are about to apply to register but really didn't want to do things separate.

Xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you both register but only one business as far as the accounts are concerned.

I work with my husband and our numbers are linked which shows Ofsted that we work as one.

As to costs if you register as a partnership with the hmrc there is only one set of accounts. You need to take the income less expenses, including wear and tear on your home, electricity, rates, gas etc and then what is left is split 50/50.

Why not contact business link who will help you set your partnership account up online?
    Debbie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Yes you both register but only one business as far as the accounts are concerned. I work with my husband and our numbers are linked which shows Ofsted that we work as one. As to costs if you register as a partnership with the hmrc there is only one set of accounts. You need to take the income less expenses, including wear and tear on your home, electricity, rates, gas etc and then what is left is split 50/50. Why not contact business link who will help you set your partnership account up online?
    Thanks for your reply.

So it's right we need to be registered, inspected and grading separately? Really confused about all this as we wanted everything to be joint.

Xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jenjen2014 View Post
    Thanks for your reply.

So it's right we need to be registered, inspected and grading separately? Really confused about all this as we wanted everything to be joint.

Xx
    They do our inspections at the same time. If you wish to register as a childminder then you will have to do this individually
    Debbie

July 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Im registering with a friend also. We were told yes two seperate graded reports however Ofsted would do the inspection as one together. I questioned would we each do a SEF and told yes. We will each have our own registration certificates too (as we will be registered in our own right, and could seperate if we ever wanted to). Also was told that the inspector would look for individual qualities in each of us and to make sure we could both cope if we didnt have the other person there.