Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Registering an Assistant with Ofsted -Process

Dear All,

I am in the process of taking on an assistant and I wanted to clarify as I see now that to register as a Childminder (if I have this correct) that you need to have your DBS first and then apply.

So my question is to register an assistant do you fill up the EY2 form first and then do Ofsted send you on the DBS paperwork or do you need to fill up the DBS paperwork firstly and then get sent the EY2 by Ofsted?

If the DBS is first where do you get the form from. I have tried to contact Capita by e-mail as they have not got a phone number to speak to anyone.

Also for an assistant do they have to have a medical form to be completed by their doctor? As I am trying to factor in timelines and costs.

Many thanks in advance.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Have a look through the pinned threads at the top of this section of the forum

Registered Assistants and co-minders

Aug 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Many thanks, Sarah for response. I have had a look through, although was getting confused - not much info on Ofsted website. Think I have it now - Apply online for EY2 form firstly, then DBS will need to be completed. I just wonder if a health declaration form will now need to be sent as well as assistant?

Many thanks again.