Currently an Assistant - Can I get further qualifications?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Currently an Assistant - Can I get further qualifications?

I am currently an assistant to a regged childminder! It has been great, some ups and downs but such is life! settled into this and became comfortable. Met some great parents over the years

I basically want to develop more! I feel like I have slowed down or something at the moment, all the Truss stuff is depressing me as well.

Can I do level 2, 3?

I have dwelled on this for some time and I need to develop myself more. Things are changing so fast in this sector. I would like to be more able, better qualified, better trained if I had to find a job if things all go pear-shaped.

Should I fully register? We are currently sorting free-funding out as well.

Just stuck at the moment

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Go for it!!

Ask on here for recommendations of on-line courses and look at what is available locally. My LA offered the level 3 free but that was a few years ago. My friend with no childcare qualifications did the level 3 after an assessment of her skills (maths/English)

Plenty of husband and wife teams are co-minders and work very successfully.

Good luck

I get itchy feet every 3-4 years and start doing something. I started with no qualifications and now have Level 3 certificate in Childminding Practice (v old), High/scope implementation training, HCE Welsh and bilingualism in the early years (lvl 4) and NVQ L3 apprenticeship in childcare, learning and development. Done in that order .

Feet are starting to itch again and next year I will probably do the foundation degree in childhood studies.

3. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

I should have done level 3 a while back. I was happy at the time with how things were and we got on with it.

But so much is going on and I am confused. So I am getting itchy feet as it were!

Going to get the ball rolling and see what I can achieve

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

There is an assistants package on Pacey and they are providing training within it. think it is about £35.00. Also they are supplying Level 3 training/equivalent at reduced rates. Might be worth taking a peak
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

I shall check that out asap!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    Play Assistant
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a little stuck!

My partner is regged with Pacey and pays liability insurance so I can assist etc.

I go onto Pacey to join and there is no assistant bit? the only one that is close price wise is Nursery worker? Do I need to contact them directly?

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jayse74 View Post
    I am a little stuck!

My partner is regged with Pacey and pays liability insurance so I can assist etc.

I go onto Pacey to join and there is no assistant bit? the only one that is close price wise is Nursery worker? Do I need to contact them directly?
    Give them a ring this is from the website - "Join as a Childminding Assistant for just £34.50 - call us on 0300 003 0005"