Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Default HELP ASAP!! Employed assistant - registering online as employer confused

has anyone employed an assistant on or above thresholds?

I have had assistant since april but was below NI and tax thresholds which has been fine as i havent had to register as an employer.

Well.... from start of sept she has had more hours and thought ohhh monkey nuts..... i have to register as emplyer - thought its ok i will do it now..... only as i have read you need to give yourself a week (ohhh nooooooo) and her pay day is last day of the month...... well... im aving trouble sorting it all out! Im registered for self assessment online as an individual. It tells you to "de-roll" form that and go through options for organisation...yes i would if i could see how!!!!!

I dont know what i am doing and would so appriciate any help as soon as possible as i am panicing!

have ofsted this week too and the stress and pressure is crazy right now i have the shakes!

it never rains.....

it pours!

Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a fairly old topic now, but I wondered did you manage to "de-roll" as self employed and set up as an employer online? I need to do this soon and read the same thing on HMRC website.

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiiii.well in the end i.phoned them. You go online register as employet and activate paye and self assessment.
    You then can use.the.employer sign in details to do your.tax.return.and.disregard the other one that was what they told me

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

How many hours does your assistant need to be working when you have to register as an employer? Thank you x

dec 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

When i did it they had to earn certain amount but i know now you have to register as employer and do paye in real time regardless of earnings. Once your in the swing its easy to do x