Increasing number of assistants
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Increasing number of assistants

I work with my hubby as my assistant. I have variations due to changing days of days of parents working and a siblings . We do a school run each. Hubby takes the 7 seater and I walk , each have a different school to drop off and pick up from. So my hubby can still take the car ( his journey is longer than mine) I was wondering if my daughters could help me on my school run and we have more of the children ? They are 17 and both have their suitability letters from ofsted . They wouldn't be left alone with the children. It would mean between myself and one if my daughters we would have 7 under 8.
    So the question is , can I do this ? Do I need to inform ofsted that I am working with 2 assistants at the same time ? ( I know I can't work with more than 3 )I have all the floor space and don't need planning permission.
    TIA X

Registered Childminder since
    jul 00
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i'm sure that'll be fine.Just document when your assistants are working and if they are working independently at any time and with which children.I wouldn't think OFSTED need to know ,they are aware of your assistants.

Mar 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have two assistants working at the same time, both police check etc no need to inform Ofsted but I think you can only work with 2 not 3 unless you are counting yourself! Anymore than 6 children need to inform your local planning, mine issue a letter only stating any complaint's regarding cars parking or noise etc would have to cut numbers back down to 6. Every LA is different.

Oct 13
    Post Thanks / Like

I want your la! Lol

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah i was counting myself I have Checked and I don't need planning permission .
    Thanks x