Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Permission

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Permission

My assistant starts next week and I want to get the final paperwork in place this week.

She's doing her First Aid in Sept so I would have a permission for up to 2 hours sole care after this (just in case, although I don't anticipate needing it)

Do we need permission for just working with an assistant? So permission for the assistant to help look after children, eyfs obs, photos etc?? or not??

I have a new assistant policy that states she will be working with me in all daily duties, eyfs obs etc, and will adhere to policies/procedures.
    Last edited by pinklady756; 31-07-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't need permission from parents to work with an assistant.

You do need to tell them that it will be happening, as it counts as "staffing" arrangements which is part of the statutory requirement for information sharing with parents (EYFS 3.72). Also, make it clear that you will remain the 'key worker' for each child.

You will need parental consent for any assistant to have 'sole care' of their child for any length of time. Additional conditions apply: do ask if you need a reference for these.