Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2 childminders joining together?

Hi, can 2 childminders work together without one being classed as the childminder and the other as an assistant? So they are both equal?
    So both do equal amounts of paperwork, pay is split 50/50 ...
    what do you do if one is sick? Can you childmind from the other childminders house?
    Do you have the same ratio and allocate yourselves key children? Then if one person is off sick, those key children are the ones who can't come in ..... will have a read through of these threads to see the pro's and con's

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I almost joined forces with another childminder. My main worry was allocating paperwork, would one do more than the other? Similarly would it be 50/50 if you were at one CMs house the whole time. Accounts worred me too! There were lots of pros, we were going to promote ourselves as somewhere between a lone CM and a nursery as some parents may not like the idea of one person looking after their children (particularly a male CM) but may prefer a smaller group to a nursery. Also having another adult to talk to and bounce ideas off. One could make meals and the other supervise the children.

I just felt that it would be too much hassle, we would be creating more problems than we solved.

I don't see why you couldn't childmind from the other house assuming the space is sufficient. Presumably both houses have been inspected and are fit for purpose.

Sickness is a difficult one. If you only had four between you on one day then you would only let down one child (bonus really!) rather than all of my children if I am sick

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I suggest you get advice on partnerships and tax - the rest would be down to having a very well written contract and agreement.

Hth

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Beachgirl29 and i work together alot....i sometimes work with Vyx too (i am greedy lol)......but its not official. We spend time together, in each others houses etc. But we are not linked financially or contractually. It does mean though if we are ill or there is an emergency we can (if spaces allow) jump in and help out. Eg Poor Vyx had to take her beloved dog to the vets To be PTS so it was arranged for me to have her little son and her mindee (with parents permissions) and as it was my day off i was within numbers. The kids all know each other and they all know us....we work as a fab team!

wibble the popular! x
    The bats have left the bell tower.....