Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Husband as assistant

My husband work is on a threat, so We think to register him as my assistant. But he won't do anything until he lost his work (hope not) so just in case he did, at least we can just taking children on, without waiting for him to be registered, I wonder if that's ok? And how long the process usually ?
    It's chocolate time!

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

He already have his CRB done, as well as first aid plus safeguarding.
    It's chocolate time!

jumpinjen Guest

Hi, You need to call Ofsted and register him as your assistant, then apply for a variation in numbers to be able to have extra children when working with him - they will e-mail you the form! You can't take any extra children on until this is done as you won't be registered to do so, and your registration will state that you can only have those extra children when working with your asistant!

Hope that helps, Jenni x

June 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jumpinjen View Post
    Hi, You need to call Ofsted and register him as your assistant, then apply for a variation in numbers to be able to have extra children when working with him - they will e-mail you the form! You can't take any extra children on until this is done as you won't be registered to do so, and your registration will state that you can only have those extra children when working with your asistant!

Hope that helps, Jenni x
    Yes I understand that Jenni, what i meant was, tp register him as my assistant but I won't take any children until he certain about his job. So basically just register him as assistant just in case. Wonder if that's ok.
    It's chocolate time!