Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm a Quitting!!

I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches

LOOPYLISA Guest

Default Re: I'm a Quitting!!

Loads and loads and loads of luck x x x x

You can do it, just think of the money you will save, you can buy more bacardi

Im sure you will feel soooooo much better too x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Best of luck! I'm sure you'll get loads of support from everyone here - everytime you feel like one tell us!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck... its not easy.

If you ever need anything im here. I had to give up coffee and beer as that was my down fall, when i drank either of them i needed a cig even more.

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

big hugs sweetie if you get like your changing your mind ring me at home.

big hugs sweetie you can do it xxxxxxxx
    One life live it

jan 89
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

good luck im sure you will do it get lots of gum in chew away

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mollymop View Post
    I have one cig left and once that has gone - in the next few mins I will be fagfree!!! whoo!

I can't wait for the withdrawal symptoms to start... not!

Wish me luck everyone, cos I have a feeling I need all the luck in the world - God, please help me !!!

I am going cold turkey as unfortunately I can't afford the £13 every other day for the gum or patches

Good luck, i gave up 4 months ago and although i am still having cravings, i haven't given in. Please don't try to go cold turkey though as you are more likely to go back to it. Find a local chemist who does a non smoking programme. They will give you anything you need to help you stop, like patches, gum etc and all you have to pay is one lot of perscription fee (about £7 i think) It is a twelve week programme and you have to visit them once a week to have your nicotine levels checked. The £7 covers the whole programme - there is no need to pay that weekly.
    I also got myself a electronic cigarette which really helped. It's the nearest thing to a fag without all the rubbish that goes in them.

Best of luck.

jumpinjen Guest

Many children's centres do a stop smoking service with up to six weeks of patches and your GP surgery should provide two weeks patches free then prescription cost patches after that!

good luck, jenni

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

All the very best of luck to you. I have many addictions ,cheese, cider, chocolate, bread but not smoking but I understand how difficult it is to give up things. I wish all the luck in the world.
    Carol x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Ive always said oh my goodness smoking-yuk, errr you smell and just how horrible it is in general, but it must be so difficult x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have got some nicorette gum and that seems to be working! yay!

If I struggle I will se about going to my Gp and getting something sorted.

Thanks for the advice

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You CAN do it Mollymop - get yourself a copy of Alan Carr's Easy way to stop smoking (He smoked around 100 a day for 20 odd years & gave up cold turkey without a problem...ish - I am going from memory!)
    Blaze x

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I gave up 3 years ago & i can honestly say I DONT MISS IT ONE BIT now, i don't have any cravings & its true that they say ex smokers are the worst none smokers.....
    It took me a few months to get the habit into control (you know, every time you have a bad day 'fag' every time your on the phone 'fag' every time you have a coffee 'fag' every time you have a drink 'fag' etc)
    It will get easier & you can do it if your really want to.
    GOOD LUCK
    xxx
    wow 2012 already

LOOPYLISA Guest

How are you today hun ? chewing lots x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Lisa, I am doing really well! I haven't had one and I'm not gping too - it's nearly 24 hours since I quit - last time I tried t quit I only lasted the day and it was a nightmare, I really couldn't handle it, but I went cold turkey and it was dreadful

I have had 4 pieces of nicorette gum so far today and not really craved once - though I do miss the habit part, especially after I had lunch, i could have killed someone for a cig, but it passed really quickly and I am FINE!!

Thanks for your support x

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just checking on you.
    Well done, keep it up.
    Carol x

Post Thanks / Like

Well done! Keep going they reckon the first 48 hours are the worst so you're half way there!

Put the money you would have spent on cigs aside and treat yourself with it!

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I just had a bad episode.

I went into the garage to get some frozen chips or waffles out of the freezer only to find hubby has put loads of cr.ap on the lid of the chest freezer, I mean loads of heavy tools all stacked up, I can't get it all off and I can't lift the lid on the freezer.

I was so angry!!

I can't believe how angry I was - i slammed his garage door with rage, came stomping down the garden path swearing about him out loud saying I was going to ing kill him (don't worry luckily i am not minding today )

then I went and phoned him, swore at him and told him that I am gonna chuck all his stuff off the freezer out the back in the carpark and then preceeded to call him a horrible name and them hung up

I dunno!! poor man! lol

I have calmed down now, but I have never know me to get so angry all at once like that.

I am refusing to cook tea now - he'll have to sort it out when he gets in if he wants feeding

LOOPYLISA Guest

I went into the garage to get some frozen chips or waffles out of the freezer only to find hubby has put loads of cr.ap on the lid of the chest freezer, I mean loads of heavy tools all stacked up, I can't get it all off and I can't lift the lid on the freezer.

I was so angry!!

I can't believe how angry I was - i slammed his garage door with rage, came stomping down the garden path swearing about him out loud saying I was going to ing kill him (don't worry luckily i am not minding today )

then I went and phoned him, swore at him and told him that I am gonna chuck all his stuff off the freezer out the back in the carpark and then preceeded to call him a horrible name and them hung up

I dunno!! poor man! lol

I have calmed down now, but I have never know me to get so angry all at once like that.

I am refusing to cook tea now - he'll have to sort it out when he gets in if he wants feeding
    Sorry that made me lol

Chin up hun you are doing so well :thumbsup

Men still got you out of cookin x

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so angry!!

I dunno!! poor man! lol

its that moment im afraid of normal day 3

big hugs sweetie your doing fab xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    One life live it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast