Post Thanks / Like

good luck .......
    CWR

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

wow - well done Molly. You know the first year is the longest after that it flies by
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a year already, well done!

And thanks again for being my healthy inspiration, I also stopped after reading your post. Next week it is 8 months ago, and I don't miss it one bit!

xxx

30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Mollymop!! You must be so proud of yourself! I have said that I will give up this year, but then I say that most years
    I've been looking into those ecigs, a lot of blokes at hubbys work have used them and they're all doing really well.
    You have done brilliantly though, may be just the inspiration I need!
    x

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I love to see this thread - here we are 3 years later (well, next week!!) ANd I am still an non-smoker and since then and always being broke I have been on a holiday 3 times (florida twice!) and had so much more to give and look forward to due to the money I have saved and the biggest thing is that I feel so much better in myself and have stopped worrying about heart attacks ( i have a health anxiety issue! lol) and my children stinking of fags!
    So if you need any help to quit just remember it is worth it more than anything yu will do. It changed my life

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done you
    The best thing about you replying to this old thread is lots of new people will read it and be inspired to quit. All that that extra money, not to mention health benefits has made it worth quitting

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw this and thought you were quitting minding before I read it. 13 years for me now!! I was 20+ a day for 10 yrs + and stopped with patches. The hardest part is definitely making the decision and I can honestly say it was far easier than anticipated. Never looked back....good luck out there!!!!

8. Likes kellyskidz! liked this post
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done to everyone on here. I am just in the process of registering, and stopped smoking 5 weeks ago. Still early days, but feeling great. The hardest part was getting my head ready, the rest was a lot easier than I expected. Good luck to anyone thinking of quitting.

10. Likes christine e liked this post
    Sept 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not lying, easiest thing I ever did, stopping smoking.
    I loved smoking, had smoked since I was 16 and found it very relaxing and a way to calm down and de-stress..
    I had a manic day and realised at 6pm I'd not smoked AT ALL that day. I'd not even missed it, so I stopped. Easy peasy.
    I didn't tell anyone I was stopping, didn't throw lighter or fags away I just knew I was going to stop. Took my oh about 3 days before he said hang on..you haven't been smoking. I just shrugged a bit and said haven't fancied it. No fuss. Then after 3 weeks I just said yeah I think I've stopped smoking now but don't make a big deal. Six months later, still smoke free minus ONE half a cigarette on a night out 2months ago
    Obviously I sometimes get stressed and think ooh cigarette but then I think what's the point, it's just some brown rubbish wrapped in paper.
    My advice is don't pile pressure on yourself and don't beat yourself up if you have one and think oh well I might as well give up. One or two blips is fine! Good luck xxx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234