Advice needed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice needed

I've been childminding for 2 month now and my main income signed a contract to pay monthly. Then mam asked if she could pay weekly so I agreed as long as I'm paid I'm happy.

That was 3 weeks ago and I haven't yet been paid. I keep asking them for payment but no joy so far.

I have decided that if I don't get paid tomorrow I won't be providing hold are for them until I do.

How do I word this without sounding petulant?

Registered Childminder since
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

If she is having trouble paying you now I can not see it getting any better in the future, she needs to understand her priority is to pay you. I would just say, unfortunately I can not provide any more care until payments have been brought up to date. Please bring £xxx amount tomorrow morning in cash otherwise I will not be able to care for x tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for replying yeah I guess I have to be stern which I'm not great at doing.

Sept 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    If she is having trouble paying you now I can not see it getting any better in the future, she needs to understand her priority is to pay you. I would just say, unfortunately I can not provide any more care until payments have been brought up to date. Please bring £xxx amount tomorrow morning in cash otherwise I will not be able to care for x tomorrow.
    As this says, be clear and remain calm and polite.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Write a letter stating what is owed, the contractual terms and that you do not wish to give notice and will not be, but no further care will be provided until such time as payments are up to date as she has breached the terms of her contract.

Then explain to her at pick up what will happen, that it is confirmed in the letter which you hand over to her. As her please do not bring her child unless she has paid/has payment as you would hate to have to turn her away - and you will

Just give your insurer a call and check the wording they'd like you to use first.
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. Why is dealing with the money side so hard? You have to have a LOT of confidence to confront about non payment :-(

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

In future, always get paid in advance! And take a deposite. A lot of us have learnt the hard way! Good luck and let us know how you get on. x