Disappearing Posts
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Disappearing Posts

Last night (11.30'ish) I attempted to reply to Simona's post re The House of Lords and affordable childcare. It was a document with eleven points they were considering. When I pressed the button to submit the reply, my laptop did a mini freeze and I lost my reply. I tried to find the document again but I can't find it anywhere. Also, on Friday evening I had typed a lengthly reply to a thread about a childminder finding it difficult to help her two son's do their homework. Again, when I submitted the reply my laptop 'froze' and I seemed to have lost the reply and the original thread. It has taken me until now to figure out how I post a thread.....I prefer smoke signals!!! I hope I haven't sabotaged the two threads. Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

2. Likes rickysmiths, mum67 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have had that! and its usually when I've written a long reply I lose it!

I thought it was just my computer! what I have been able to do, is the minute it comes back after it has frozen/lost connection or whatever, I look back in my history and I should, just one page back, be able to find the reply I typed. I then press 'submit' again and usually it goes. the problem is that when I forget, and go to another page first, I have then lost completely the reply!

good luck x

4. Likes rickysmiths, mum67 liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes its happened to me again when typing a long reply or researching some info for a link or just popping to change a nappy or answer the door!! I just get logged out when I used to stay logged on all day and just pop on and off occasionally especially when following a thread and you can't do that now

It is so irritating I tend to save it if I am taking a while.

I have just created this Thread to see if we can get some answers as to why we are having this problem.

RICHARD OR SARAH we need HELP!!!!!
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 21-07-2014 at 08:26 AM.

6. Likes loocyloo, mum67 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have replied in this thread: RICHARD OR SARAH we need HELP!!!!!
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

8. Likes loocyloo, rickysmiths liked this post
    Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank goodness for that.....I thought I was singlehandedly deleting posts! Thank you for letting me know it has happened before. Would like to know what black hole the replies have disappeared into...with the original posts!

Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

Simona, on Saturday 19th July you posted on a document re the house of Lords and affordable childcare. It had eleven points on it which they were going to consider. I can't see that post any more! Is it still there and if it's not is it possible to send it again?
    I don't remember the name of the other Postee who was talking about the difficulty making the time, to support their sons, complete their homework. Does anybody else remember this post?
    The auto save was flashing away when I was typing my reply but there is no evidence of my replies on my account.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwm View Post
    Simona, on Saturday 19th July you posted on a document re the house of Lords and affordable childcare. It had eleven points on it which they were going to consider. I can't see that post any more! Is it still there and if it's not is it possible to send it again?
    I don't remember the name of the other Postee who was talking about the difficulty making the time, to support their sons, complete their homework. Does anybody else remember this post?
    The auto save was flashing away when I was typing my reply but there is no evidence of my replies on my account.
    The post about the lords is here

Lords question childcare providers and organisations on 'Affordable Childcare'

I will look for the other post now
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The homework post is here

Homework with own children
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Apr 99
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much FussyElmo

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

It's happened to me a few times and I just thought it was the forum's way of letting us know not to make thing's too long winded (as I usually do) by putting the replies on a timer.
    I was doing a post the other day and like everyone else it deleted as I pressed submit, I cursed my daughter's computer as it's board is so sensitive it brings allsorts up if you sway to the side with your cursor too much or cuts off the internet if you just swish your hand near the wrong button at the bottom of the keyboard.
    So I will now read Richard's post and thank you gwm for bringing this issue up.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gwm View Post
    Sorry gwm...I only just spotted your request but I see Fussy Elmo has directed you to it