I am a childminder looking for pet insurance that will cover my dog.
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I am a childminder looking for pet insurance that will cover my dog.

Hi all,
    I need help!! Do any of my fellow childminders own a dog? If so, are they insured (pet insurance) and does your insurer know you're a childminder? If your dog has pet insurance and they know you're a childminder, please can you let me know the name of the company you're insured with?

My pet was insured until yesterday (I've had her for only 6 days and insured her right away). Then I read somewhere that I need to notify my pet insurance if i'm a childminder, which I then did, and now they've cancelled my policy saying the underwriters consider me to be too high a risk! :'( Even though I've said the children and dog aren't in contact and the dog is friendly anyway, they won't budge on this decision.

If anyone can help me find an insurance company that will insure my pet (knowing i'm a childminder), I'd really appreciate it. I'm stressed out of my mind now.

Also, to the same childminders. Does your childminder insurance know you have a dog? If so, what were their take on this? Would they still insure you? If so, who are you with and were there any restrictions?

I really hope someone out there can help me on this, because my girl is sobbing thinking we may need to give up our dog. I had no idea this would even be an issue for insurers (the dog is a Maltese - small toy breed and is very friendly, albeit nervous at the moment) and now I feel I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. We love her to bits, but i'm now worried we can't keep her as I can't get insured (and without that, I can't run!). Any help you can give will be much appreciated. Thanks for your time!!

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Would never of crossed my mind to say I was a childminder for pet insurance.There are loads of members on here with dogs ( if you look for dog related topics maybe) we have had different conversations on our dogs over the years and I don’t believe this has ever come up! Judging by the nil replies to your question I guess nobody has thought of saying they are a childminder when taking out any pet insurance?

June 95
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Non childminder member
    childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Lots have chickens also!