Overnight Babysitting with mom on call...how much?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    Babysitter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Overnight Babysitting with mom on call...how much?

Hi guys,

I am a 35 year old Professional babysitter, DBS check Paediatric First Aid Trained.I have been asked to look after a 6 year old from 6 pm till 7am this next morning.How much is a fair price?Her mom is on call so may or may not be in.She suggested £55 in total which is definately not enough.My rate is £9.00 ph before midnight and time and a half after.I was thinking a flat rate of £100.00 what do you think?This should be once a week every other week.
    Thanks so much for your help x

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd be sleeping there and they are providing a bed? I'd say 6pm-10pm @ £9ph. 10pm-6am @ half rate as I'd be asleep. 6am-7am @ £9ph. £81 total. But as a regular booking maybe a bit less, as you'd get to know the child and the routine would get easier than a one-off job.
    But if you're not happy to do it for less than £100 and parent is not prepared to pay that, then you're not the one for the job. It is finding the right job for the right person.

3. Likes loocyloo liked this post