Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Childminding Business Name

Hi everyone!
    This is the first time I have posted on her.
    I'm in the process of becoming a childminder. I've decided on a business name 'Kelly's Katerpillars' which I love but can't decide whether to put 'childminding services' 'home from home childcare' or something similar? I'm just worried that if it's just 'Kelly's Katerpillas' it won't come up in a Google search when someone is looking for a childminder.. if they think of searching there.
    Would love to hear people's opinions on the name, what else to possibly add and if it's even needed.
    Kelly

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome!

Mine is 'Knutsford Childminding' ... say it like it is

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had a name and those I know who have done a name never use it as they are just known as their own name. If you do I'd certainly use 'childminder' as part of it as otherwise you could be anything- insect services?!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree that childminding needs to be in there, I also have a pet hate for incorrect spellings , maybe thats just me though

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mama2three View Post
    I agree that childminding needs to be in there, I also have a pet hate for incorrect spellings , maybe thats just me though
    I agree, it sounds chirpy, but since part of our role is educating I really don't think we should have misspelt names.....'toys backward r us' can do it because it is purely a money making business...but we need to be setting good examples of the way in which we will help children...
    When I went on my first LA course when I had to, for registration, all my colleagues were discussing their names....but it was not my priority and I did feel perhaps I should focus more on this. But I haven't.
    In my experience the name is not the important part of your new business. As Sarah 707 implied it is useful if it helps in a search that people find you, if you have a website - so the word childminder is the important word, followed by area you live.
    I worked in schools for millions of years before joining the best job in the world of childminding and children would always tell me they were going to a childminder or to ' Sue and Tom's', 'Charlie's', 'Jo's'...yet all these childminders had well thought out names.
    Your experience, your philosophy, proximity to parents, school you pick up from, hours, costs, instinctive gelling factor will be far more important than your name.
    In the excitement of starting a new business it is easy to linger on the name..but my advice would be to go back to the drawing board on this one, research internet hits and have a name that will bring up the most hits on a search...then hit them with your dynamic charisma.

6. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Feb 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As others have already said I would be wary of the spelling. I don't have a business name. Are you going to get your name printed on tops to wear daily? A logo on the side of your car etc? If not maybe just go by your own name.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Welcome!

Mine is 'Knutsford Childminding' ... say it like it is
    I just use my name and 'childminder'.

I really don't like 'cutsey' names and I think you need to think about the age of children you may be looking after. What suits a 2 yr old, may not appeal to a 10 yr old.

However, where I live there are not very many childminders and I don't need anything to attract attention.

9. Likes FloraDora, bunyip liked this post
    Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok so the more I have thought about it throughout the day the more I've decided I know longer like it
    Thinking Kelly's childminding will be much better now!

11. Likes loocyloo liked this post