advice
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: advice

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default advice

please could someone advise me..... I'm finishing work (not long how long for) due to family problems. I'm unsure whether I will return to childminding but want to keep my options open. Ive tried to contact ofsted so many times and I sure u all know u cant get through via telephone!!!
    1, can I put my registration on hold
    2, do I have to have a valid ico
    3, do I need to keep insurance live
    4, anything else u might know

Thaks in advance if anyone who can help

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

From what I understand (and I have not done this myself but have known of others who have) there is no 'on hold'. You are either registered or not registered.
    If you are registered you need to be 'ready to work' so that is valid 1st aid, keeping up to date with safeguarding and PLI and you could be inspected as usual- would be a 'no children on role' inspection with a met or not-met grading.
    ICO- I would think that as you would still be a registered provider and therefore a datahandler then you would need to keep ICO also, but you might be able to argue otherwise- for the sake of £35 I'd just keep it going.
    The decision points come up when one of the above need renewing and then you need to balance the cost of that with the cost/hassle of re-registering at some point in the future.
    If you are on the latest DBS system with the annual renewals you will need to keep that going too. Also keep informing Ofsted of any changes in your household, DBS for anyone turning 16 etc. just as if you were working.
    I hope your family problems are resolved soon.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes - pay Ofsted, keep updated with first aid and pay insurance.

The 'no children on roll' inspection is here - point 17 onwards...

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...n_handbook.pdf

I hope that helps