Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    I`d like to be CM
    Post Thanks / Like

Default All the expenses needed to become a chilminder

Hello,
    I`m new here, so hello to everyone !

I would very much like to come to live and work to UK, to Northern Ireland (around Belfast, Newntownabbey, Ballyclare...). Also would appreciate a little help.
    Can you please tell how much would cost the hole story regarding starting a process to become a CM, all the way to work with children, exams, licences, taxes, all total amount?

I am thinking of self employing, is there any kind of financial help for start ?

many thanks in advance!!!
    Naty

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naty View Post
    Hello,
    I`m new here, so hello to everyone !

I would very much like to come to live and work to UK, to Northern Ireland (around Belfast, Newntownabbey, Ballyclare...). Also would appreciate a little help.
    Can you please tell how much would cost the hole story regarding starting a process to become a CM, all the way to work with children, exams, licences, taxes, all total amount?

I am thinking of self employing, is there any kind of financial help for start ?

many thanks in advance!!!
    Naty
    Some info here on registering as a cm

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...06-2014-a.html

3. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

there is a grant - you'll need to talk to your local people.

Costs vary depending on where you live and how much your doctor charges and how much the introduction to childminding course is - again best talk to your local people.

Good luck with it all!

Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

As Sarah says costs do vary but as a guideline these were my costs, I started the process in July 2013 and registered in Nov2013:

Ofsted fee -£35
    dBS for husband and I £52.10 each = £104.20
    Morton Michel liability insurance - £50
    Paediatric first aid with St. John's ambulance as LEA free courses were not available in the time span I needed -£126
    Data protection £35

The LEA did not charge for 3 pre registration days training for childminders and I had up to date level 4 safeguarding qualifications so did not need level1 which my LEA provides free of charge.
    My doctor did not charge for my medical information as he thought he had messed up the form but that would have been £29 - it could be up to £100 though depending on where you live.

I recieved a £300 grant from the government and £136 from my LEA

My biggest outlay was resources and equipment as I do not have young children, but my idea of what is basic resources will not be the same as someone else's so you need to decide yourself about those.
    I also wanted to ensure I kept abreast of everything so joined childcare.co.uk, 4 children and subscribed to Nursery world - none are necessary but I believe they gave me sources for furthur learning and reflection on my skills and practises.
    For many years I had been used to a software programme to support my paperwork so I trialled lots of the ones on the market for just early years and paid £118 annual fee for one - but this isn't a necessity, it's a personal preference.

Good luck

6. Likes CLou82 liked this post