Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default RISK ASSESSMENT FOR EXTENSION

Hi,
    We are planning an extension this summer, I am aware I need to inform OFSTED & will draw up some new RA's, 1 for whist the work is being carried out & then 1 for the new room.

Whilst the work is being carried out I will include headings such as - keeping workmen away from children, exits & entrances, dust, tools, use of outside space.

Does anyone have any other pointers or suggestions. Any advice will be greatly welcome.
    Thank you.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think you are on the right lines. Other things might become apparent once they start

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, sounds about right. There may be periods when you lose water or power for periods of time, things like that- but you can RA as you go along and make adjustments.

May 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you very much, good idea to add/make adjustments as the build is going on. I'd better get on with drawing them up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy22 View Post
    Hi, We are planning an extension this summer, I am aware I need to inform OFSTED & will draw up some new RA's, 1 for whist the work is being carried out & then 1 for the new room. Whilst the work is being carried out I will include headings such as - keeping workmen away from children, exits & entrances, dust, tools, use of outside space. Does anyone have any other pointers or suggestions. Any advice will be greatly welcome. Thank you.
    Watching with interest, we're doing the same...

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Just before Christmas last year we had scaffolding put up to install new windows. I emailed Ofsted with details of what was going to happen and that I would keep the children safe etc. They emailed back to say thanks for letting us know.

At the time I was busy looking after children, my own family and looking after my Dad who had Alzheimers so I just left it at that. I didn't have time for extra paperwork.

Maybe at my next inspection they might bring it up but hey ho!