Wftc
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Wftc

Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wftc

Please any help I am retiring in 3 weeks and now have been ask to prove my childcare costs via receipts for the care of my one and only child (. Great Niece) the past 2, years she is the only one on my books and because I have no receipts for anything over £10 getting worried of not being able to provide any.
    Niece claims wftc as a single parent working 18 hours but I care for g/ niece. 12 hours over the weekend including Sundays and 12 hours in week ( including nieces travel to and from work ). Really worry about my lack of receipts

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont understand why they would want your recepits, surely they mean a recipt for the payments made to you from the parents. If so I'd type up or write up a list in date order
    Week commencing x. Amount paid x
    And sign it.

July07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

If its for working Tax Credits then it sounds like she wants copies of invoices. If you have any just reprint them, if you don't then just go through your register or your bank statements and work out how many hrs she attended and how much she paid.
    Time Out.. The perfect time for thinking about what you're going to destroy next.

4. Likes hectors house liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused.

Is this about receipts for money you've paid to have childcare provided?

OR

Is it about you receipts you need to provide for money you've received because you are the childcare provider?

Whatever the case, a business always must be prepared, on request, to give a receipt (or some proof of purchase) for money received in respect of goods/services provided. Refusal to do so may result in HMRC taking legal action.

6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post