Car Leasing Help Needed!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Leasing Help Needed!

Fed up of car breaking down, can't afford a new, reliable one so was thinking leasing might be the way forward.

Can anyone recommend reliable lease companies?
    Is road tax included?
    Is yearly service included?
    Anyone recommend a cheap 7 seater to lease?
    Did you regret it?!

Would be grateful for any advice, getting desperate now

Thanks
    FF

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone please?
    FF

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Didn't want to read and run, but 3 hours is not a long time to wait for a reply, and on something as specialized as leasing, isn't something many of us have done.
    It may take a while for someone that does do leasing to see your post, and you probably stand a better chance now that it's the weekend

You say you can't afford a new one, but leasing is financially more than HP.
    I got a 6 yr old Zafira for less than £125 a month and she's been cracking Another year and she's paid for and all mine . Other than the cost of the MOT, she's had less than £400 spent on her in the last 2 years in repairs and to be fair, it was all stuff that goes with her age wearing out, new brakes being the biggest outlay.

May be worth shopping around and using your current car for a trade in
    Last edited by Kiddleywinks; 10-01-2015 at 08:04 AM.

4. Likes loocyloo, hectors house liked this post
    July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, you're right I know 3 hours wasn't long to wait, just feeling a bit desperate! I have no car to trade in and haven't had much luck with second hand cars since minding, so as you say will check out all the figures again for Hp/leasing

Thanks again for your reply
    FF

6. Likes Kiddleywinks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi like pp I don't know much about leasing I got a car 2 years ago on HP I pay £165 a month we traded our old car in and only got £400 for that so it didn't really touch the sides. What I did as both me and hubby are self employed was I looked online at finance for self employed then looked at cars I felt were compatible to our needs within a couple of hours I had picked our car and secured HP. Now my sister pays the same for her car but that's on lease but I will own my car whereas she won't. Sorry I can't be of much help x

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks will have a look as hubby is also self employed
    FF

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at a personal loan too as it may be a lower interest rate
    Debbie

10. Likes hectors house liked this post
    may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Look at a personal loan too as it may be a lower interest rate
    Chatterbox - Do you know if you can claim any of the expenses of leasing a car required for business use through your expenses?, saw a similar thread on facebook page a few days ago and I tried to tag you (as someone who generally knows) but wouldn't let me tag. Just wondered how business manage to afford company cars for staff (I know the employee has to pay extra tax) but surely the business must put through the lease payments as an expense.

Dec 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

In my previous life of self employment, a leased vehicle could be put through in total, fees, fuel, the lot, which is why companies prefer to lease vehicles

I would imagine that it would be the same for childminding, but deduct a percentage designated for 'personal use' should you use the vehicle outside of working hours.
    If I leased and also had access to another vehicle, a partners, or my own, then I personally would have no problem putting 100% through and would feel able to justify the full amount due to using a personal car for personal use.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddleywinks View Post
    In my previous life of self employment, a leased vehicle could be put through in total, fees, fuel, the lot, which is why companies prefer to lease vehicles

I would imagine that it would be the same for childminding, but deduct a percentage designated for 'personal use' should you use the vehicle outside of working hours.
    If I leased and also had access to another vehicle, a partners, or my own, then I personally would have no problem putting 100% through and would feel able to justify the full amount due to using a personal car for personal use.
    I know lots of people are just leasing vehicles now to get an up to date model, with all repairs, servicing taken care of - not sure I could justify paying out a £200 - £300 a month for something I didn't own at the end, but if you could put expenses through books, the new 7 seater Masda with sliding doors may be on my wish list!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post
    Chatterbox - Do you know if you can claim any of the expenses of leasing a car required for business use through your expenses?, saw a similar thread on facebook page a few days ago and I tried to tag you (as someone who generally knows) but wouldn't let me tag. Just wondered how business manage to afford company cars for staff (I know the employee has to pay extra tax) but surely the business must put through the lease payments as an expense.
    I am sorry I don't. have you tried asking the question in the hmrc help boxes?
    Debbie

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hectors house View Post

I know lots of people are just leasing vehicles now to get an up to date model, with all repairs, servicing taken care of - not sure I could justify paying out a £200 - £300 a month for something I didn't own at the end, but if you could put expenses through books, the new 7 seater Masda with sliding doors may be on my wish list!
    I too could be tempted, but again ... Not sure I wouldn't want to own vehicle at the end of it! But ... not the mazda ... we looked at one and I couldn't get 3 carseats across the middle! And mine are not big!

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chatterbox Childcare View Post
    Thanks - the info wasn't for me it was just a post I saw on Independent Facebook page and I thought you may know.

may 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    I too could be tempted, but again ... Not sure I wouldn't want to own vehicle at the end of it! But ... not the mazda ... we looked at one and I couldn't get 3 carseats across the middle! And mine are not big!
    I don't really need a 7 seater as just have my 3 under 5's but interesting to hear that about the car seats as a fellow minder has just bought a Mazda - hope she can juggle her seats round, don't think she does after schoolers other than her own children who probably aren't in car seats anymore. It just looks a lovely vehicle compared to my boring Scenic the the other childminders Zafiras.

Post Thanks / Like