Deleting posts/threads
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Simona Guest

Default Deleting posts/threads

Would it be possible to be informed when posts or entire threads are deleted for whatever reason?

while I appreciate that the forum has a code of practice...or whatever...it would be respectful to let those involved in a thread to be told the reason why their individual contribution or the whole thread has been deleted

It looks like to me an entire thread, which was recently posted and had a couple of replies, has disappeared ...did anyone complain or was there a reason behind its deletion?
    In my view there was nothing offensive in it.

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have no idea which thread you are asking about Simona. We have a special place where we move deleted threads and there aren't any new ones in the section.

Threads are deleted if members who started them ask for them to be removed - sometimes threads are deleted because they break the rules of the forum.

However, in this instance we are not aware of having deleted anything... if you would like to contact one of the admins with more details we will try and help you further

Simona Guest

I have just clicked on a post that has been 'moved'...not sure why it will not let me find it...in fact I seem blocked

It is the one whose title was starred out...I think it had to do with a diary .... and has been moved apparently but cannot find it

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE="Simona;1360297"]I have just clicked on a post that has been 'moved'...not sure why it will not let me find it...in fact I seem blocked It is the one whose title was starred out...I think it had to do with a diary .... and has been moved apparently but cannot find it[/QUOTE

Was this the a ****** one .. Will probably be starred out now lol!

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

For what it's worth, I don't know either. (I know so very little. )

Been trying not to disagree with people recently: I know how "offensive" it is not to agree*.

(*Expect this thread to be deleted soon....................... )

Simona Guest

Bunyip....I think it is good to hold different views on matters (stating the obvious here) ...whatever they are.... makes the world go round....or we would have limited choices
    or be cloned into 'one view fits all'....imagine if we only had one political party led by Etonians or one led by the unions....or one with a fear of anything European...without mentioning those who make coalitions for own self interests!!...sorry I deviate ....... uuhh!!

Yes it is the starred one ******...as said I think it was about an online diary so not sure what the problem was....being blocked is like twitter...I recall a certain Undersecretary blocking me...dear me

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahhhh a moved thread! I am with you now!

Yes it will have been moved off the forum because the rules say that permission for advertising must be requested first!

I am very honoured I have my own little advertising section on the forum - gifted to me by Pauline many years ago - I don't take the mick on it and I only use it when I have something new to share...

However other businesses which wish to advertise on here need to go through the proper channels

8. Likes Richard liked this post
    Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope you are having a lovely Bank Holiday, Sarah xx

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ahhhh a moved thread! I am with you now!

Yes it will have been moved off the forum because the rules say that permission for advertising must be requested first!

I am very honoured I have my own little advertising section on the forum - gifted to me by Pauline many years ago - I don't take the mick on it and I only use it when I have something new to share...

However other businesses which wish to advertise on here need to go through the proper channels
    Thanks for the clarification...my understanding is it was a cm asking about the online diary ...she was not advertising it?

It has been deleted not 'moved' as the post tells us....that is why I could not understand the blocked bit.

I have come across that particular company as I have many others who offer the same online service ...I think it is competition and there will be plenty more coming up in future.