childminding rates
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sep 06,
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry childminding rates

hi i am new childminder going to start with a 5 years old but only less then 2 hours morning time i am not sure how much should i charge my usual rates are £3.75 can any one guide me

regards

Nov 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Very Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I usually just stick to my hourly rate but if it is just less than the 2 hours I would prob just charge the 2 hours so it was more worthwhile xx

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, totally misread your post

My hourly rate is usually £3.75. I used to charge from 7.30am (the earliest I am happy to start) or 8am to 9am (the time I can be back home after school run to accept another mindee), but I felt an hour's pay wasn't really enough to cover the effort of taking children to school and the 1 1/2 hour was fiddly to work out. Now I just offer a basic £5.00 charge for the morning school drop off for schoolies and they are welcome to arrive anytime between 7.30 and 8.15, which is when we leave. They all have breakfast before they come

Work out what works best for you
    Last edited by Goatgirl; 23-09-2013 at 05:56 PM.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I have always found it easier if my hourly rate is easily dividable by 4.

Good luck

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I charge £4 an hour but a minimum of £30 a day as nurseries are charging over £40 for a day and also if someone only wants 2 hours that's only £8 then someone could come along next week and ask for 8am-6pm which would be £40 so you could be loosing money.

Nov 05
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I would be tempted to charge £5 per hour seeing as tho it's for such a short period of time...
    It's hard when you are first starting out tho cos you want to be as flexible and helpful in order to get the work.

Sarah x
    Sarah, Bumble Beez x x

feb83
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    hi i am new childminder going to start with a 5 years old but only less then 2 hours morning time i am not sure how much should i charge my usual rates are £3.75 can any one guide me

regards
    Hi, Ive been childminding for over 30 years so have tried all different ways of charging. The best possible one is to have a minimum amount charges ( I charge £5 to take to school and £5 to pick up but as my hourly rate is £3.75 if they go over the £5 mark then I charge by the hour. I think £10 per day to do all the running around is quite fair. Good luck!

Per-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by darr View Post
    hi i am new childminder going to start with a 5 years old but only less then 2 hours morning time i am not sure how much should i charge my usual rates are £3.75 can any one guide me regards

Apologies, I miss read your post. For before and after school all of the childminders in my area ( including myself) charge £5 per hour