New Free Blogs feature - Win prizes for blogging!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New Free Blogs feature - Win prizes for blogging!

Updated 31st October 2012 - Now all members who have made at least 20 posts can create a free blog!

We've launched an exciting new free blogs service for forum members. Now members who have made more than 20 posts can create their very own free blog via the forum. Having a blog is a great way to let other forum members know what you have been up to. Whether it's activites you have done with your mindees or just general hints, tips and advice then a blog is a great tool to self publish. In fact you can blog about anything! It is your free space to write about anything you like.

To get started just click the Blogs link towards the top of the screen and then click 'Create New Post'. It's very similar to posting on the forum.

You can change your own Blog Settings by going to Blogs and then clicking 'Blog Settings' from the sub menu. For example you can choose to add a title and description for your blog.

You are responsible for the content you post to your blog. Please ensure you to not publish any material which is the copyright of someone else. You can post pictures but please no pictures of your mindees or other children unless you have the specific permission of the parents for their photos to be used. Blog content and blog comments are moderated.

We will be offering a monthly prize to one lucky blogger. For the first month the prize will be a £50 amazon.co.uk voucher. We will choose one blogger at random to win the prize and will announce their name in this thread on 17th November.

I hope you enjoy using the blogs service and if you have any questions then please do let me or one of the moderators know.

Happy blogging!

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

2. Likes Pauline, silvermist, mum24 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've tried, but I don't know if it's worked or not!

I can see my blog and it's got one comment, but when I search it it doesn't show up and it says there are no comments!

Am I doing something wrong

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've tried, but I don't know if it's worked or not!

I can see my blog and it's got one comment, but when I search it it doesn't show up and it says there are no comments!

Am I doing something wrong
    I can see your blog Mouse... and the reply

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i cant see mouses blog....i can see her comment on mine.

My last blog post is still waiting to be moderated...been a few hours now.

only blogs i can see are Brideys, Sarah707 and mine

wibble xxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks WibbleWobble, I didn't think it could be seen. There's a little figure next to it with a cross on it & if I hover over it is says something about moderated - does that mean it's been waiting in the queue since last night? Perhaps only mods can see it, but one of them needs to approve it?

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks WibbleWobble, I didn't think it could be seen. There's a little figure next to it with a cross on it & if I hover over it is says something about moderated - does that mean it's been waiting in the queue since last night? Perhaps only mods can see it, but one of them needs to approve it?

mine has the person next to it too....

wibble xxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

Post Thanks / Like

Due to requests from other forum members, we have now decided to open up the blogs feature to all members who have been members for at least 30 days and have made at least 20 forum posts.

Happy Blogging!

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

9. Likes Pauline, Mouse, Jo Jo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There are just 4 days left to enter the first blogging competition.

To enter just create a free blog for the Blogs link on the forum and post your first blog entry.

We'll pick one lucky winner after the competition closes on 17th November 2012 to win a £50 Amazon.co.uk voucher and will announce their name in this thread.
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Just a reminder that the blogging competiton ends today. One lucky person is going to win a £50 amazon voucher
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

12. Likes Pauline, Greengrass74 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The winner of this month's blogging competition is WibbleWobble who wins a £50 amazon voucher.

We will be running another blogging competition very soon so watch this space
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

14. Likes Pauline liked this post