Has the forum changed?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    aly Guest

Default Has the forum changed?

Links to the forum are showing new logo, im still getting old one {which i prefer} but do I need to change settings?

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No it's all still the same here at the moment...

Have you seen the new logo for Facebook? It's lovely!

https://www.facebook.com/ChildmindingForum

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Why change the well known and loved logo? Surely it starts the loss if the forum's identity?

Actually having looked at it again I think its twee!!
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 27-08-2012 at 08:06 PM.

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

aww, thats very pretty i like it, but i like the smiley face too! thats whats on the sticker on my car!

could the smiley face be put on there too??? PLEASE!

( i'm not on facebook, so only saw this through the link )

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rickysmiths View Post
    Why change the well known and loved logo? Surely it starts the loss if the forum's identity?
    I agree and I have paid for merchandise which has the "old" logo on it and now it will be obsolete

VINASOL Guest

Where did the 'Hello From New Owners' thread go? Wanted to check the wording on whereby childcare.co.uk owner said there is no intention of changing the forum...

....must of when I had a few drinks and imagined the whole thing...bit like how I'm imagining I'm reading posts and they're disappearing....better get off to see my GP to help me with my memory....oh never mind....where's that dummy of mine to throw out of my pram...oh no someone else did it for me!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post
    I agree and I have paid for merchandise which has the "old" logo on it and now it will be obsolete
    Hadn't thought of that, I love my bag with the logo
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

aly Guest

but when i do a link it shows the new logo...

~Chelle~ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    but when i do a link it shows the new logo...
    Same here x

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ~Chelle~ View Post
    Same here x
    thanks, beginnign to think ti was me

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have noticed some of the posts have disappeared.This is getting ridiculous now
    Alyson x

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i think the new logo looks rather.... erm professional - not really the vibe we want or need. I get a funny feeling this might become a subscription only sort of forum before long.
    Blessed Be!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    i think the new logo looks rather.... erm professional - not really the vibe we want or need. I get a funny feeling this might become a subscription only sort of forum before long.
    I think that too - this is the one place where we can air our ideas and chat without all the officialdom (is that a word?) I don't feel it is quite the place where I can be so open any more

I know things change and evolve and am ok with that but a forum once made for childminders, by childminders seems to have changed it's feel. I feel a bit pushed out
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PixiePetal View Post
    I think that too - this is the one place where we can air our ideas and chat without all the officialdom (is that a word?) I don't feel it is quite the place where I can be so open any more

I know things change and evolve and am ok with that but a forum once made for childminders, by childminders seems to have changed it's feel. I feel a bit pushed out

SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND = there are new places out there, ***** is active on Facebook as well as other options .....
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

Post Thanks / Like

The forum hasn't changed but we have a new logo on the facebook page which I may choose to implement on the forum itself.

When I put the new logo on the facebook page yesterday I received over 40 messages and emails from members saying how much they lovwed the new logo including all the moderators and Pauline herself.

I didn't receive one negative comment about the logo until this thread.

Everyone is allowed their subjective opinion on things but when we took over what I said was things wouldn't really change much.

I took that to mean that I would be allowed to make some minor cosmetic changes to the look and feel of the website and forum to improve it.

Many people had said the forum was looking a little dated and when I ran the competition to ask what you all liked best about the forum, not one of you said that you really liked the forum logo.

I feel like I have said it a thousand times but there are no plans to charge for the forum and I give you my personal guarantees that the forum will always be free.

Feel free to print out this post and keep it.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    The UK's largest childcare website
    www.childcare.co.uk

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The forum hasn't changed but we have a new logo on the facebook page which I may choose to implement on the forum itself.

When I put the new logo on the facebook page yesterday I received over 40 messages and emails from members saying how much they lovwed the new logo including all the moderators and Pauline herself.

I didn't receive one negative comment about the logo until this thread.

Everyone is allowed their subjective opinion on things but when we took over what I said was things wouldn't really change much.

I took that to mean that I would be allowed to make some minor cosmetic changes to the look and feel of the website and forum to improve it.

Many people had said the forum was looking a little dated and when I ran the competition to ask what you all liked best about the forum, not one of you said that you really liked the forum logo.

I feel like I have said it a thousand times but there are no plans to charge for the forum and I give you my personal guarantees that the forum will always be free.

Feel free to print out this post and keep it.

Richard
    I think the issue with the Logo is that people have bought merchandise with the forum logo on it. So just wondering...

As the forum Logo has changed and people have bought things with the OLD Logo on, does this mean that they may send their old Logo items back and be given a free replacement with the new Logo?

I do believe things need to change, I have totally missed all this going on (been to busy, didn't even know it had been sold lol)

Firstly I would like to say good luck and I really do hope the feel of this forum does not change as it has become such a support for me, not just CM. But personally, it has been a place I can vent, get angry, upset and know I can have opinions which are not always agreed with, but always respected.

Post Thanks / Like

I hadn't realise Pauline had sold merchandise containing the old logo apart from some car stickers.

What type of merchandise was it? I guess it will be more valuable with the old logo!

I have had some requests to produce some new car stickers which I would be happy to do. What other kind of merchandise would you like too?

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As regards the memorabilia - there was a member who had a shop (Bev) and she offered to make some personalised stuff, she made bags and some folders and diaries with the forum logo on the front but nothing has been for sale since before Christmas 2011 though as she did not have the time due to other commitments.
    Pauline x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    As regards the memorabilia - there was a member who had a shop (Bev) and she offered to make some personalised stuff, she made bags and some folders and diaries with the forum logo on the front but nothing has been for sale since before Christmas 2011 though as she did not have the time due to other commitments.
    That's all I know about too

Did I miss something here?

Angel xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the confirmation.

It seems like someone else was selling merchandise with the forum logo on and keeping the majority of the money for themselves and donating a small percentage to the forum but this stopped last year.

I will get some car stickers produced for you all and perhaps some nice pens too. They will both be free for you all

If you want any other forum merchandise then I am happy to look into it.

Richard
    Childcare.co.uk
    www.childcare.co.uk

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast