continuity of care
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Default continuity of care

Hi just getting parents to sign , what do you think to the following?

"On occasions I may need to increase the ratios that are set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
    An example could be that an existing child I care for needs to attend the setting on an additional day (continuity of care). Or a sibling baby joins the setting.
    I will have risk assessed the increase in the number of children before agreeing with the parent.

By signing below you agree to the ratio being increased and understand the above."

Thanks in advance

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ofsted advised me that each variation should be considered on its own merits - can we do it? Are parents ok with it? Have we risk assessed? ...

I don't ask for an overriding permission just individually if and when I need to increase numbers

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah707 View Post
    Ofsted advised me that each variation should be considered on its own merits - can we do it? Are parents ok with it? Have we risk assessed? ... I don't ask for an overriding permission just individually if and when I need to increase numbers
    thanks Sarah as always

5. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a form parents sign to say that I have explained that on occasion I may need to increase my numbers, and that I would always stay within my 6 under 8. They all understand that it would benefit them as well, as they could then use an extra day if needed/available.

I then fill out a risk assessment form for each occasion. These are filed for posterity! Although I am considering keeping them with attendence register.

I always give my parents a slip saying when I am going to have/have had an extra child.

System works well for me.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I only have had to do this on odd days when parents need an extra day at short notice or as a one off, so do a continuity of care risk assessment and signature sheet for a,, parents affected.
    To be honest I recycle the orevious one each time and just amend it to fit the children concerned, then ask parents to sign.