Changing holiday notice in contracts do I need to complete new contract
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Changing holiday notice in contracts do I need to complete new contract

Hi,

I have quick question do I need to complete whole new contract just to change the notice period parents need to give me when they want holls etc? Or could I just send out a letter to advise on changes?

I stupidly have one mindee who only has to give me 7 days notice as was not thinking when I took them on as new to minding now I care for extra children want to have plenty of notice so I can forward plan etc

x

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not just ask the parents for more? Personally parents can say they are not coming the day before as I get paid anyway
    Debbie

3. Likes rickysmiths liked this post
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm tempted to say just issue a 'variation of terms' letter. But some insurers are sticklers for having everything on the contract (including pacey IME) so check with your insurer/professional representative body's legal team first.

Remember, you can't make this effective immediately. have to give them 4 weeks notice (or whatever your contracted termination period is) to make any substantive change to Ts&Cs, unless you have mutual consent of all parties.

5. Likes KateA liked this post
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We have to give each other 4 weeks notice but I don't really care with parents because they mostly are off when I am and if they tell me the day before with other holiday I don't mind because I am paid anyway.

7. Likes KateA liked this post