Tapestry and all about me form
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Tapestry and all about me form

I was just about to start designing an "All about me" form and I remembered I had read somewhere that Tapestry have this form available if you use it. I intend to purchase Tapestry to do the learning journals on and I wondered if anyone had used this form and if it was any good?

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes I use tapestry. It's really good all about me as both parents and yourself can fill it in. I print mine and then update too as I do still like a folder (although I dont print all of the observations)

3. Likes lollipop kid, Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I print the Tapestry form off and take it with me on the home visit to get the parents to fill it in (or if you set their account up when they join your setting - you just need their email address - then you can actually just get them to fill in the "All About Me" bit straight on Tapestry).

I give parents the option. Some prefer the paper one (so I type the Tapestry bit in once they've given me their written answers on the form); some prefer to just go straight on to Tapestry and fill it in there.

L

5. Likes Sammy Jo T, hectors house liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    I print the Tapestry form off and take it with me on the home visit to get the parents to fill it in (or if you set their account up when they join your setting - you just need their email address - then you can actually just get them to fill in the "All About Me" bit straight on Tapestry).

I give parents the option. Some prefer the paper one (so I type the Tapestry bit in once they've given me their written answers on the form); some prefer to just go straight on to Tapestry and fill it in there.

L
    Just purchased Tapestry but can't actually see where I would find the form. Could you kindly advise Lollipop kid?

Oct 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Jo T View Post
    Just purchased Tapestry but can't actually see where I would find the form. Could you kindly advise Lollipop kid?
    You'll see it when you set up your first child. I think you just need to add the child, and once you've added in their name etc., you'll see a screen with whichever photo you loaded in for them. This screen also contains the "All About Me" form.

You can add a child on the "Manage xxx setting" bit. (Drop down on the top right hand corner. This is also where the Help and Support section is - you just click on Help and Support and it opens an email to them.)

Tapestry will have sent you see their tutorials when you bought it. Have a look through these. They're really easy to follow. I saved the email with a flag on it in my inbox, so I can just remind myself of anything as I go along. It is so user-friendly once you get going!

I've also found the Tapestry help team to be brilliant.

Good luck! I love this system.

All the best,

L

8. Likes Sammy Jo T liked this post
    Feb 15
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lollipop kid View Post
    You'll see it when you set up your first child. I think you just need to add the child, and once you've added in their name etc., you'll see a screen with whichever photo you loaded in for them. This screen also contains the "All About Me" form.

You can add a child on the "Manage xxx setting" bit. (Drop down on the top right hand corner. This is also where the Help and Support section is - you just click on Help and Support and it opens an email to them.)

Tapestry will have sent you see their tutorials when you bought it. Have a look through these. They're really easy to follow. I saved the email with a flag on it in my inbox, so I can just remind myself of anything as I go along. It is so user-friendly once you get going!

I've also found the Tapestry help team to be brilliant.

Good luck! I love this system.

All the best,

L

Thank you for your quick reply. Agreed it does look really good! I've just added my daughter so I can have a practice plus I thought it would be good to do her own journal anyway. I'll go to her page and have another look.