Risk assessment policy confusion
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk assessment policy confusion

Hi all, so I've done risk assessments for my house and outings but do I need a seperate "risk assessment policy"? And what should this say? Thanks all as you can see I'm struggling with policies right now!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

'Need'- ? if it is not statutory you do not 'need' one.

If you want one you can write about how you RA, what you consider when you RA (children's ages/stages, supervision etc), whether you write your RAs or not, whether they are available for parents to view, how often you review your RAs, how you constantly RA through the day.

3. Likes bunyip liked this post
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I got told i needed to write one. This was by the lady who was teaching my level 3.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks moggy, well that's partly my question. I've seen "risk assessment" written in the list of policies required but don't know if this means my actual risk assessments or a policy on risk assessing and also I can't find any formal documentation (ie from ofsfed) about this.

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mumofone View Post
    Thanks moggy, well that's partly my question. I've seen "risk assessment" written in the list of policies required but don't know if this means my actual risk assessments or a policy on risk assessing and also I can't find any formal documentation (ie from ofsfed) about this.
    Not an EYFS requirement
    Not a Childcare Register requirement.

So, no, not 'statutory'.

If you are looking at a particular list of policies that you are not sure about, I'd contact the author with your questions.

Post Thanks / Like

It was on a list of Sarah Neville's, maybe I misread or misinterpreted it.

I can't seem to get confirmation on what policies are required and which are optional.

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    I got told i needed to write one. This was by the lady who was teaching my level 3.
    Says everything about level 3 and the know-nothing bozos who 'teach' it.

Useful responses to anyone who tells you that you "must" do something:-

1. Who says so?
    2. On what authority?
    3. Why?
    4. Please show me where it says that in the regulations/law.
    5. And what exactly will happen to me if I refuse? (...because I am refusing.)

Sarah's lists are usually well-defined as to what is necessary from a statutory POV and what is useful or 'nice to have'. And if she makes the odd mistake by putting an item ion the 'wrong' list, I for one will instantly forgive a woman who gives so much excellent advice out of the goodness of her heart.

I would include the items Moggy mentions in a general preamble to your RAs.

10. Likes moggy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    Says everything about level 3 and the know-nothing bozos who 'teach' it. Useful responses to anyone who tells you that you "must" do something:- 1. Who says so? 2. On what authority? 3. Why? 4. Please show me where it says that in the regulations/law. 5. And what exactly will happen to me if I refuse? (...because I am refusing.) Sarah's lists are usually well-defined as to what is necessary from a statutory POV and what is useful or 'nice to have'. And if she makes the odd mistake by putting an item ion the 'wrong' list, I for one will instantly forgive a woman who gives so much excellent advice out of the goodness of her heart. I would include the items Moggy mentions in a general preamble to your RAs.
    Absolutely- and just to be clear I wasn't blaming Her I was just stating the source of information.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Risk assessment policy used to be a requirement of the eyfs 2012 ... it is no longer a requirement of the eyfs 2014 ... maybe it's an old or out of date list.

if you give me the link I will update it I lose track of where information is posted

13. Likes moggy, bunyip liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Sarah, Sorry were your ears burning?! :-) I took it from this link below -
    http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...08-2014-a.html

I want to apply for the Early years register and the childcare register but cant see that its specified as a required policy so long as i have written risk assessments of each room i intend to use and any outings. Is this right?

Totally agree with bunyip that you do an amazing job on here by the way! :-)

15. Likes sarah707 liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

aww thank you!! *blushing* I love what I do so much!

I will update the link thank you xx

17. Likes bunyip liked this post