Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Folder Confusion

I currently have folders for the following;

Risk Assessments
    Planning
    Fire Drill
    Policies & Procedures (in the individual child's folder)
    Certificates (training)
    And an EYFS folder - this has all MOT, Car Insurance, CRB Checks etc.

Should I have one big folder for everything with an front index sheet, or have individual folders?

I really struggle with the paperwork side so any help gratefully received!

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quite simply, do whatever works best for you.

Fr'instance, I used to have everything safety-related in one folder: risk assessments, food safety, first aid box checks, fire drill, etc. It got unmanageably large, so I separated out the food safety stuff into its own dedicated folder.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm just starting out my paperwork but I have a ring binder (Which I broke this week >_<) with those plastic pockets to store copies of my profile, my P&P's and all my certificates

I also have a box file for my receipt's and tax documents (Although may need a separate file folder in box file for tax papers).

I have a big expanding folder for all my councils coursework documents and info (Including info about EYFs)

I will have yet another ring binder for my RA's, fire drills, first aid checks, fridge checks, attendance records etc.

And shall have a clipboard with the daily attendance record clipped onto it (It has three tables, one for attendance, one for visitors and one for outings), with the current fire drill log and fridge temp logs underneath (I have papers with just simple tables on recording date and temp for fridge, the table is big enough for two months logs - I know it is not a requirement but my LA likes us to have the fridge checks)

I plan on getting a ring binder for each child in my care, with a scrapbook look inside and plastic pockets for LJs, Obs etc, each child will also have a daily diary for naps, food and nappy changes (Because I'd want this if my daughter was being minded)

Sept 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am just overhauling my folders, at the moment I have Medical folder, risk assessments, CPD and training, Safeguarding, Food Hygiene folder, Parents info folder, planning......

Simona Guest

We are all different and organize our documents in different ways...some good ideas here

I am amazed though as to why so many folders are created for so many different things when they are not necessary as all we need to evidence are the EYFS statutory requirements ....those are the ones an inspector needs to see we are following and will be judged as 'MET'?

I wonder how many folders cms have to file their paperwork and documentation ....or do they have portfolios?

Mar 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a portfolio Simona it's easier to have all in one place for the minute anyway with most things in except RA's & P&P's they are in folders like yours I think from your description on a post once and obs/planning in file with activity ideas
    So do you mean we just need obs/planning folder really or would we not get a decent grade from that?

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

all i have is a portfolio to show parents which has my insurance, ofsted report, certs etc, a lj for each child - a big expanding file for personal docs eg contracts and i put accident reports, medication etc in there so its all together and a policies folder, everything else goes in my diary eg attendance, fire drills, visitors etc
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx