Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attendance Register

Quick query

If I'm using a daily diary for my own personal use and recording the children who have attended and exact hours - do I still have to do a separate attendance register for each individual child. It just seems I'm duplicating everything !

x

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My friend uses only her diary.

I do as you are now and write in both diary and register - I do this as I am a belt an braces girl - I also tend to misplace things often so I do like to duplicate as it is rare that I put both the diary and register in the same "safe" place I always have one available

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a childminding diary that I write attendance in. I use it for planning, notes from the day, reminders etc, basically, anything to do with childminding. I make a note of times of arrival & departure in there mainly so I can see which children were here when we did certain things, or when specific things happened.

I also keep a separate attendance book though. I always think that if there was ever a query and I had to use my attendance register as proof, I wouldn't want to hand over my whole diary. I wouldn't use a personal diary for attendance as I like to keep childminding paperwork separate and again, I wouldn't want to hand over my personal diary (would you really want an Ofsted inspector looking at it?) My friend uses her personal diary though and transfers it to a register sheet. At her last inspection she was told there was no need to do that as it was just duplicating information and that keeping it in her diary was fine.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i only use my cm diary -had meeting with DO on Thursday and she said this was fine, I also use it for fire drills and risk assessments, what the children had for lunch and dinner, outings we did, dont do daily diaries as current parents dont want them, she said this was fine too
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx