Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Attendance book help pls!

A little confused even though been doing childminding for over a year lol....

the attendance book from the ncma has got me and i don't know why just now.

Do you complete this only when the child is in your care? i.e. I have a few clients who pay me from 10 to 7 but they might turn up 2 hours later or pick up earlier, so don't know if attendance should just mark the hours to be paid for or whether just to mark the time from when i have the child in my care till when they are out of my care regardless of if i have them in my setting or not.

Hope this makes sense!

APR 09
    Post Thanks / Like

You should mark it as the time the children arrive and are in your care and when they leave, not the times they should be there.

Hope this makes sense xx

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Only mark in the times they are actually with you.

I glance at the clock when the doorbell rings and note down the exact time- ie 7.32am. When they are collected I shut the door and look back at the clock- 5.16pm. This is even if the contracted hours are 7.30-5.30pm and the paid for hours go on the contract and invoices.

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I put the time they arrive and the time they leave rather than my invoiced hours.
    e.g lo comes at 7am and I take them to nursery at 8:50 then pick up at 12:00 and they go home at 5:20
    my ncma book says Time Arrived 7am - Time Departure 5:20 then in the Non-Attending hours box at the bottom of weekly column I say Nursery 8:50 till 12.00
    I invoice parents 7am till 6pm, as I am still taking responsibility of lo while he is at nursery.
    Hope that helps
    Sandy
    xx

Sept 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I use the NCMA one too & it had me confused at first!

You have to put the exact times the children are in your care mainly as a safeguarding measure. If something were to happen to them before or after they came to you you'd have proof that they were not in your care at that time.

I also put down on mine if the child was ill or on holiday on days they should have come to me.

Hope that makes sense

Post Thanks / Like

For Ofsted you need to record the exact times (to the minute) each child is on the premises.

For invoicing parents/your accounts you record the times they are contracted for plus any overtime you've done.

Miffy xx
    Keep smiling!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Linda Mc View Post
    I use the NCMA one too & it had me confused at first!

You have to put the exact times the children are in your care mainly as a safeguarding measure. If something were to happen to them before or after they came to you you'd have proof that they were not in your care at that time.

I also put down on mine if the child was ill or on holiday on days they should have come to me.

Hope that makes sense
    This is what I do. I also mark in the days I am on holiday so the parent can see its coming up and they sign that week as well so they have acknowledged my holiday.

Oct 05
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do the parents have to sign the book each week (an ofsted requirement)? Or just good practice.
    Thanks x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peacebabe View Post
    Do the parents have to sign the book each week (an ofsted requirement)? Or just good practice.
    Thanks x
    It is not a requirement, I don't get them to sign.
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I do get parents to sign the attendance register and i have usually been marking when they are actually at my premises but recently it occured to me that some kids are in my care from the moment i have them ie when i pick them up from school...so do i do it from that moment or when they reach my premises?

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You must record the times they are in your care so if you pick them up from school or nursery that is the time you enter on your return home