Will inspector need to see old contracts?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Will inspector need to see old contracts?

I am awaiting my first inspection. I am also in the process of ending contracts and starting a couple of new ones, and sorting out all my paperwork. I want to file away in a different folder all the contracts, permissions forms etc for children who have left. Is it OK to put these away in the loft and not show them to the inspector? Am I right in assuming they will only want to see paperwork for current children?

oct 96
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they only need to see contracts for children that you have now. If I am wrong I am sure someone else will come along with the right answer.

Cupcake22

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The inspector will not need to see any contracts as they are none of her business. Nor does she need to see what your hourly rate is. I took all my contracts and financial information out of my file box before my inspection in Sept.

I had all the permission forms etc for them to see.

I have a blank sample contract in my parent information folder so they could see that I use contracts.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake22 View Post
    I think they only need to see contracts for children that you have now. If I am wrong I am sure someone else will come along with the right answer.

Cupcake22
    The inspector has no need and no right to see your contracts. They are confidential and ofsted have no interest in Contractual information or financial information between you and your parents. So it is none of their business what your charges are or how parents pay you.