evidencing for out of school care
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default evidencing for out of school care

How do people 'evidence' for older kids???? I know lots of peoples make scrapbooks with photos in, or have a folder with kids drawing in, etc, and that all seems easily achievable for toddlers and pre-schoolers who are there all day long...but what if u only have a kid for an hour and breakfast and an hour after school?????? or even a couple hours after school? By the time u do the school run, let them blow off a bit of steam at the park or in the garden, and then give them a snack....their time is nearly up!

Does anyone keep a 'diary' for older kids too???? Does anyone feedback anything to parents for older kids???? No point really giving them a piece of paper saying how many time they toileted....

Genuinely stumped here! Starting with my out-of-school kiddies next week and literally have no idea what level of feedback is required, or how to evidence their time with me in an age appropriate way!

What do other people do????? Thank u!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

While they are still in reception class you have to follow the eyfs - observations, assessments, planning etc.

However you only do as much as the time you see them!!

So if you have a part time child you might write up his routine and link it to the Eyfs... then when something different happens you write up the observation, take the photo, make the comment etc and consider how it links to the Eyfs and how you can support his next steps.

Hth

Sept 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Should have said that I am in Scotland...we don't follow EYFS up here.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ahhhh then maybe you are reading too many Eyfs threads

I would go with a scrapbook or file for each child that they can put their work into