Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Risk assessments...

Hi, I have my first grading inspection at the beginning of next week so I'm having a mild panic about everything I do !

Quick question about risk assessments - I've got my house and garden one that lists everything by room etc. And I have separate ones for the park, shops, toddler group etc. But I'm not sure how I record that I've done my checks each time I use the house/garden/park etc. I started off doing a sort of daily chart, bit like they have in the toilets in restaurants (!) that I can put date, and signature and any new actions etc. Is this something I should be doing, or is that too much, or not enough?? It just seems like I would have tons of paper after a year as I've already got a few sheets and its only been 4 months. I can't think of any other way to show that I do my checks - or is it enough to just have the full RA dated from when I started with my name on it?

Ahh, head is spinning now

any help pls!
    Ax

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have a daily check list which i tick off - then file at the end of each month.

I keep 6 months worth in a folder and recycle them when they are more than 6 months old.

On my daily check list I have the main areas listed...

Minding rooms

Garden

Drive and gate / fence

Etc...

Then I have 1 sheet that I keep with it which breaks down the checks I do in each area eg

Minding rooms
    - check no wires
    - clean and safe floor
    - small toys away
    Etc...

Hth

Penny1959 Guest

I have a completly different system to Sarah - but please note we both have outstanding which shows there is not a single 'right' way.

On my RA's it clearly states that I will refer to my RA's (which I do - in my head) and record in my dairy any risk that I come across that puts the children in my care that day at risk. So if throw away a broken toy, if have to remove things for a period of time (at moment is small chairs as toddlers using them to climb on) if glass at park and so on I just write in my diary - already is dated - no need to sign - it is my diary.

I also record fridge temps, when clean fridge, smoke alarm tests and soon in same diary.

However you record these things - you need to have the confidence that your systems provides the evidence required - and that it works for you.

Penny

Feb 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

ok thanks, so I'll carry on doing it daily I think. Also 1 more question - I walk the kids to school and home again most days that I have them... Havent done a RA for this do I need to? I suspect the answer is yes...

Penny1959 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by heidicat View Post
    ok thanks, so I'll carry on doing it daily I think. Also 1 more question - I walk the kids to school and home again most days that I have them... Havent done a RA for this do I need to? I suspect the answer is yes...
    I just have a 'outings on foot' and an 'outings in car' ones which I feel covers my needs.

I guess Sarah will have something different

Penny