Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default NCMA Contracts......

As a member of NCMA do i have to use their contracts? I am thinking of making my own....not sure where i would stand legallly!

May 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to use NCMA contracts, but the will only give legal support over disputes and claims if you have.

Morton Michel do good contracts, but will support you whatever you use.

I personally don't like NCMA contracts, they tell you to include 4 weeks holiday but say you can't charge for bank holidays - if we are self employed, we can set our own terms and conditions and parents decide whether they want to agree to it or not.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alison View Post
    You don't have to use NCMA contracts, but the will only give legal support over disputes and claims if you have.

Morton Michel do good contracts, but will support you whatever you use.

I personally don't like NCMA contracts, they tell you to include 4 weeks holiday but say you can't charge for bank holidays - if we are self employed, we can set our own terms and conditions and parents decide whether they want to agree to it or not.

Ncma only say you can't charge if you aren't prepared to work. You just need to word the Contract correctly and back it up in your Policies and you can charge.

I use and have used NCMA contracts for years and I have always been paid for BH. I am prepared to work but for a premium. Double pay and Triple for Christmas, Boxing Day and New Years Day. Because I am available for work I then charge full normal fee if the parent chooses not to bring their child to me. In reality few parents want BH care or would pay the higher fees. In 17 years of minding I have only ever been asked to work one BH and thet was a Boxing Day so I earned £150 for having a lovely mindee who joined in what we were doing anyway so it didn't feel like working anyway.

They don't tell you you have to take 4 weeks holiday it is a suggested min. I think in this job you need a min of 4 weeks anyway. We do a hard mental and physical job and need a break. All our employed parents will have a min of 25 days paid holiday a year because that is the min in law an employer can give their staff. A lot have more than this especially if they are shift workers so don't feel guilty about taking 4 weeks off. I have 5 weeks off and its paid!

If you are a member of NCMA yes you do have to use their Contracts in order to be covered if you want to use their legal team in the case of a dispute.

I think they are perfectly good contracts with space to add anything specific to your practice. Why reinvent the wheel? They are cheaper than MM anyway and in terms of what you earn from taking on a child a very small investment.