Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default nap time paperwork

Just a quickie!
    I have two 13 month olds who nap at different times. Currently I have a sheet that says when I put them down to sleep, and then checks every 15 minutes which is what my DO says I need to do. I also have a monitor in each room that I can carry with me.
    My query is, do I really have to go up to check them every 15 minutes? I think it disturbs their sleep, and it disturbs the other one playing downstairs as they don't like to be left. I would like to create a new sheet where they are checked after the first 15 minutes to check they are sleeping, and then left with the monitor until they wake. Is this okay? I can't find anything that has actual rules on it for this!
    Thanks!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't check on mine visually, let alone document it. Paperwork for paperworks sake if you ask me. I can hear them from downstairs if they so much as roll over (joys of wooden floors in bedroom!) and if I checked every 15mins I'd just disturb them

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont have check sheets for sleeping children. Dont give yourself extra work.

A common sense approach is required, which Im sure you have anyway. Check sheets for sleep are not a requirement.

I check the children occassionally & can hear them at all times. I have one child (my own) sleeping upstairs - I dont check on him as I can hear him & dont want to disturb him. I have one child in a room downstairs (I do check every so often, but can hear everything that goes on in there) and i have another child that sometimes sleeps in the room with me if hes tired, on the sofa/chair. I can see him all the time.

You can get yourself in a pickle with all the sheets & paperwork to fill in. If I were you I wouldnt bother with them.

HTH's
    Sarah

Dec 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't have sheets either I just check on my periodically and listen out for them all the time but they usually in pushchairs in the garden or in the hallway so I can hear/see them
    Paula

Feb 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Apr 15
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have sheets but do check on sleeping children every 15 mins

I have lovely soft doors that don't creek in this house and it has made a big difference lol!

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

Mine sleep through glass doors, so I can easily see them at all times.
    Ali xx

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I check on mine roughly every 15 mins too. I just leave the doors ajar so I can see them in the travel cots.

Dec 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all your replies. I think I'll stop checking now, then! If I could leave the doors ajar it would be different, but I have cats so shut the doors when babies are sleeping. I think its the doors that disturb them when I check.
    I have monitors, so I'll keep them, but otherwise leave that bit of paperwork behind. Yay!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I check every 15 mins or so (I don't check my own daughter that often!) but it's easy becuse we're in a flat so they are only in the next room. I don't record it but my policy does state that I check every 15 minutes. Mrs O didn't question it. Don't believe in paperwork for the sake of it as it is bad for the environment! Did she write it as an action on your actual Ofsted report? If not I certainly wouldn't bother.