Is this Risk Assessment a good place to start?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Is this Risk Assessment a good place to start?

http://home2.btconnect.com/bransby/f...assessment.pdf

Today is my day for getting all my paperwork finished ready for my pre reg next Wednesday. I found this template - do you think this is a good place to start and obviously add in anything specific to my home and garden not alreayd listed?

Thanks for help ladies in advance -x-

jun 09
    Post Thanks / Like

This looks good. It includes more or less all things i have in mine. Sarah should be along soon to say i should think. xx

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Its a good place to start!
    But you need to consider when to use it , how often etc - certainly lots of those things need doing daily - but you dont want to complete such a lengthy form this often - so will you do this monthly and have a simplified version also? Or stick to just one and rework the form? Or just say in your ra policy that these checks will be done daily and and things noted put onto the form ( so youre only actually writing things down where theres a problem...)
    Lots of things to think about - hope I havent confused the issue too much.

Just to add that you need to put your name on each RA when written and when checked , as a minder was recently pulled up on this at inspection.

Penny1959 Guest

Is similar to my annual RA - but does have a few more things that I don't - for example list of chemicals in cupboard. Others things are not on my annual one and are covered by the checklists - whereby I just refer to and note when I need to take action and what the action is.

Although mine is an annual one - I do review when a new child starts or circumstances change.

In answer to your question - yes a good place to start

Penny

Jul 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I used this one as a template because it follows the HSE guidelines for doing risk assessments. If you google HSE risk assessment you will find information about the 5 steps:

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/_Resourc...00/CYP-09-0022