Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What sort of contract?

Not sure what contract to do if this enquiry pans out.

i had a mum ring me last week wanting part-time care intially from beginning of April and then possibly full time from June if all works out. I explained to her that DH has been posted but as yet we haven't got a house and no idea of when we will get one (now on waiting list in 5th and the person at the top has been waiting since July!!).

She then asked, because she was having great difficulty finding a CM (many giving up or like me hubby's being posted away) would I consider doing it temporarily until she could find someone else more permanent?

As I have one spare under 5 space I said I would but she needed to be aware that it might only be for a few weeks because as soon as we get a quarter or hubby gets nod for redundancy we would be moving. She was OK with this.

She has one other CM to see but can't get hold of her and needs childcare sorting by the end of next week so may be back in touch needing the temporary care.

However if she does need me - what contract would I do? I can't do a short-term one because we don't have a specific end date. Would you just do the normal NCMA contract as usual but word the period of notice as something different? Although I'm not sure how do word the period of notice - obviously if its from her I don't mind it being a case of her saying to me at the beginning of the week she's found someone else and LO starts on 'x'.

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi ,
    Think you answered your own question really . Yes, just use a normal contract with whatever amount of notice you would be happy to accept and able to fulfill

Hope things get settled for you soon: I'd be a mess just waiting around: hate waiting

best wishes,
    Wendy

May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by florabird View Post
    Hi ,
    Hope things get settled for you soon: I'd be a mess just waiting around: hate waiting

Wendy
    So do I. Thats the worst part about it all - can't make any plans. Its a nightmare